In our visually and tecnhologically sophisticated society, access to information and knowledge seems easier than making sense of it or decide its veracity - on the web, pages and appplications are built by front-end developers to present and put data or relationships in context.
Front-end or "client-side" development is a relatively obscure Internet discipline. Historically, this role has been known under several aliases, htmler, web designer, coder, frontender and so on, but its core functions remain the same while expanding with the progress of the Internet. It is a hinge role that requires both aesthetic sensitivity and programmatic rigor.
LESS IS MORE
The concept is the younger brother of minimalism
. If we are speaking about structure or content, it involves: not filling gaps with irrelevant or reduntant content or elements
. - Empty space is our friend -
People stay away from industrial quantities of information crammed on one single page. Given this, the concept states that we must first have less visible information... only titles, previews (thumbnails generally) extracts of essential content, well separated and identified, and the rest is accessible only by deliberate action of the user.
It represents everything related to text, specifically the characters used in the design and the relations between them. For effective communication with the user, a good design complies with some rules of typography:
• consistency - a maximum of 3 fonts will be used;
• colors - must not use more than 2 colors
• size - maintains a ratio between titles, paragraph text and interactive elements text.
CALL TO ACTION
Refers to items that urges the user to interact with them, they are very important! As design
- they should be highlighted, and as functionality
- be it the input buttons, tabs, dynamic content controls or simple links, by using the jQuery library possibilities today are virtually endless for creating functions, effects, animations, transitions, and generally any kind of interaction with the elements of a website or web page.